#36905

Hey guys,

And then I recently got my first tattoo as a sort of graduation nowadays to myself. I'thou going abroad to animation college in the fall and I wanted something to remind me of home; being a big artsy person and having been in love with tattoos for most of my life I decided it was a logical choice.

Anyway, information technology is now 2 days old and I am onto the lotion treatments. Still, I besides have to go back to work at my family's restaurant where I have my easily in hot, soapy, and bleachy water for extended amounts of time.

The tattoo extends from but beneath the pit of my elbow to only above my wrist. I have a pair of hypo-allergenic rubber gloves that extend a fair bit onto the tattoo, only I am worried about splashing.

I know yous are not supposed to comprehend it upwards, merely I also know you are non supposed to soak it. So, anyone have any recommendations? Am I being too worrisome about the splashing?

Thanks,

Hells High

PS. Here's my new ink. The artist took my rather oldschool design and put a really newschool twist on it and made it 100x ameliorate. :] I'grand somewhat of a softie and a rose seemed similar a good choice. To commemorate my two brothers and my parents, I got the thought of making the stem go nether my skin 4 times. The 2 banners stand for "Live your life the mode yous want to, and Dearest the people in it."; two of the most important things I think people should do. Thank you!

#105884

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your tattoo is beautiful! I, also, would be worried about the splashing, especially harsh chemicals like bleach so along when your tattoo is still healing. Maybe you tin discover gloves that will cover right up to the elbow. I'm no expert, and so you'll accept to wait until the more knowledgeable people weigh in. I'thou very, very protective of my tattoo and when information technology was new, I was a little anal about it. I promise everything works out for you and proficient luck in school! 🙂

#105890

Amok

Participant

    @amok

    You lot need to proceed dirty dishwasher off your new tattoo for at to the lowest degree 10 days, preferably more.

    You could wrap your arm in cling-wrap and use tape on your wrist an elbow to prevent whatsoever water leaking in there. I would also wear your dishwashing gloves.

    Its true you're not supposed to wrap information technology as leaving it unwrapped allows it to dry and heal, just its amend to wrap it for a few hours per day than get filthy water on information technology. Only unwrap it when you're not washing dishes and you should be ok.

    #105894

    You will need to keep it dry. I can't recall of anything worse then some bleach water on it. they make gloves that become all the way to your arm pits if I were you lot I would invest in a gear up of those.

    #105904

    Cheers guys, and yeah my shifts are only for 2-3 hours max. Should I put some moisturizer on information technology underneath the protection or keep it dry?

    #105911

    Tin can y'all wash dishes one handed??

    Since it's your family'due south eating house, couldn't they give you lot some time off while information technology heals?

    #105914

    imperial1904;89501 wrote:

    Can you wash dishes one handed??

    Since it's your family'due south restaurant, couldn't they give you some time off while information technology heals?

    Demand coin for college friend. :/

    Viewing 7 posts - ane through 7 (of 7 total)

    You lot must exist logged in to create new topics.